Tuesday, January 18, 2011

powder room artwork

i purchased some photographs for the downstairs powder room.

but before i get to that, i want to show you some stuff.
this is (kinda) what the room looks like now.
here's the new sink, faucet and pedestal dan installed last weekend
(wish i had a better photo, but the room is so tiny... therefore this photo is pointless)
we plan on painting the room in the
blue maybe blue-gray family. who knows.
something contemporary, not country (does that make sense?).
(don't you just love the home depot website... these photos are courtesy of their home inspiration tool)
Faded Ink by Martha Stewart
Myrtle Blossom by Martha Stewart
Slipstream by Martha Stewart
what color are you leaning towards? for me it's slipstream. i think. i could be talked into something else. probably. maybe.

i'm also planning on purchasing a new mirror from kiwi wood werks.
if you haven't already checked out their work, please go to their website.
also check out cat's blog... she and her husband own kiwi wood werks.
her blog is great... a daily read for me!

anyway.
without further ado, here's the photos i purchased for the room.
picture them in a crisp white matted frame on a blue-ish wall.
aren't these guys adorable?
you can get your own baby animals here.

and some exciting news.... my new chairs arrive tomorrow. yippee!!

that's all i got.
xoxo - erin

5 comments:

  1. As a photog, I've ALWAYS loved that website!! Their portraits are AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the animal prints! and the paint colors. I'm looking for a blue/gray for my son's room once we move. Thank you so much for the shout out! You're too kind. ;) Can't wait to design a mirror frame for you! It will look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Erin... the third blue, for sure! It's not too "baby boy" and not too gray. Personally, I've always found blue to be a tricky color. Lighting is everything. And those photos... so completely awesome!
    Can't wait to see the chairs!
    -ME

    ReplyDelete
  4. I vote Slipstream too. I used the Martha paint a few months ago and it is great, I only had to use one coat! Woo! And those animal pictures are so stinkin' cute! They would be cute in a child's room too. Yay for your chairs. Can't wait to see them.

    Thanks for my award. I am honored! That was so sweet of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the last blue the best because it is more gray. Those animals are adorable. Can't wait to see it all come together.

    -Rene

    ReplyDelete